Saturday, February 22, 2014

5...well, almost.

Great day for running. Temperatures were in the mid to upper 20s, and much less wind than last week. I decided to take on the bike path that I attempted a couple of weeks ago, but at the time it was covered by ice. Today was much better. Nice and clean. I set out with the goal of 4 miles. Things went pretty good. Once I finally got my running app to pick up a GPS signal I was all good to go. It started telling me my split times, and they were quite good. At 3 miles, it gave me my total time, 24:53. Wow!! That's nearly a minute faster than last weeks race. I was feeling really good. When 4 miles hit, I wanted more. I kept going. All told, 4.99 miles in 42 minutes. I'm very satisfied with that. Considering that is the distance that I believe my race in April is, I'm very pleased. That is the first time that I have really run that far. And if I'm able to maintain the kind of pace times I had today, I should be in in good shape to finish Boulder in less than an hour. Averaged an 8:36. And looking at the data the app recorded, my pace was pretty steady the entire run. That's really a first for a run that was not during a race. Usually my pace looks like an erratic heart beat when graphed out, but today it was very steady.

Hoping the weather starts to even out some and I can stat to get at least one run a week in. Plenty of time to get things done. But I do want to start running 4 to 5 miles each time I go out.

No comments:

Post a Comment