Sunday, January 5, 2014

Inspiration

I've gotten lots of complements from people that I've been an inspiration to them with all that I've accomplished with my running and my weight loss over the last 15 months or so. I love those complements, and they really mean a lot. But I really don't think I'm the inspiration here. Everyone who's provided those words, hugs at the finish, and the encouragement to keep going forward, those are the people that are the inspiration. I'm just a guy who set out with the original intent to lose some weight, and then though the inspiration of someone else, started running. One thing lead to another, and here I am.

There are days, a lot lately, that I wish I could do this full time for my job. I guess I've gotten very passionate about it lately. Never thought I would. This was just going to start out as a maybe one time thing, but it's become so much more than that. Each run I learn something new. I prove to myself that I can do this. I've run in 5 races this past year in just the last few months of the year, with the last one taking me out of state to the altitude in Denver. If you would have told me a year ago that I would have been running like this, I probably would have laughed at you. I've never run before. I still don't know what I'm doing other than one foot in front of the other and having a great time doing it. I look forward to the next race. And right now, my body is hating not being able to run because of the cold and ice.

If I've been an inspiration to you, you're welcome. There's probably something you've done that's inspired me, and it's just my gift back to you. There's nothing better than being able to give back, and getting praise for your accomplishments, no matter how small you think they are, is one of the best things in life. Thank you.

And for those of you who don't know where I've been on this crazy journey:


No comments:

Post a Comment