Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Where no munky has gone before

I did my 7 mile run yesterday. It was pretty amazing. I hadn't planned on doing it then as the weather wasn't supposed to be too good. But as the day went on, things looked good. When I got home, it was still sunny out, a few clouds, and humid. I decided to go for it. I was going to run at a pace that felt good. It wasn't all about the time, it was more about the distance. Sure, I still wanted to have a decent time, but it was more important to get the full 7 miles in. Off I went. I'd set out on the trail for 3.5 miles, then turn back. Things felt great! Even after a day of work, I still had the energy. But it was more than energy, it was motivation. I had set a goal, and I was going to make it. I have yet to fail on a goal I've set. Sometimes it might take longer to reach, but I always make it.

It took me just a little over an hour to finish. Yes, I did slow a couple of times. Not because of being tired or hurting. I lost focus. After I had made the turn, there as no reason for me to look again at my watch, but I did. Once I gained my focus back, I picked up the pace and finished strong. Next week is 8 miles. Maybe in need to get the soundtrack to 8 Mile listen to.

No comments:

Post a Comment