Saturday, October 26, 2013

Another day, another race

Well, here I sit. The morning of another race day. The day is starting out pretty good. While I have a bit of a cold, I don't think it's anything I can't manage and will hinder me too much. Have to make sure I keep my water intake up all day. About 3 hours now until I have to head out to the event. Starting to get myself mentally in the game.

Sometimes I wonder if I take this too seriously. I am not, at the moment, a world class athlete. I'm just a 35 year old guy who decided one day that he was going to enter a benefit run for a worthy cause because he was inspired by a friend's illness and wanted to do something to make a difference. I've since discovered this is something that I very much enjoy. While I'm not competing for some sort of award, I feel competitive while out on the courses. I want to push myself to finish better than the last time, and better than people in my age group or just those around me. I want to pass that person who just passed me.

Yes I do have fun when I'm out running. But take today's run, it's Halloween themed. And who's not wearing a costume? Me. No I'm not a party pooper. I just don't get down like that. I've got goals, and don't need the extra distraction that goes with all of that. I hope that the costume judging station doesn't slow me down or I'll be pissed. I already know this is one event that I will not be in next year, registration was atrocious. I'm a little anxious to see what check-in is going to be like. But, on the bright side, it is a great looking morning!

A beautiful morning in Wisconsin.

No comments:

Post a Comment