Thursday, October 3, 2013

It's mine for the taking!

Well, went on a run tonight. I wasn't planning on it as rain has been in the forecast all day, but I needed to. You know when you get that feeling that you have to do something? For me, that something was going out on a run. I've struggled the last two times I've gone out, but tonight, I just destroyed it! I have to say, this was probably the most difficult run that I've done to date. It was 3.13 miles, in 26:54 with an average pace of 8:36. Lots of hills. I've come to the conclusion that my regular trail route is what is hindering me, it's boring. So tonight I really changed it up.

http://www.mapmyrun.com/workout/400496215

I have also decided that I AM going to win the 2014 BolderBoulder 10k. Yes, that's right. I'm taking it. It's mine! There is no reason why I can't win it. I'm learning that a lot of what hold me back is mental. If I think I'm fatigued or uncomfortable, then I will be. If I remind myself that there is no pain, that I can do it, then I will. I'm going to show those mile-high folks what this Wisconsin kid can do! Sure, it's a 10k. Yes, it's at a crazy altitude. But I've got almost 8 months to train, I've got a great support system, and I have drive. Think you can do better than me? Ok, I'll see you there. I'll be the guy waiting for your slow ass to show up after I've already done my cool down.

Speaking of BB, I also have another goal tied to it. I am hoping to raise $1000 for StandUp2Cancer by the time the race starts. It's a lofty goal, but I know it's one that can be done. I like the idea of running races where my entry fee and any donations go towards a cause, like how my first race was a benefit for the UW Carbone Cancer center. As BB is not that kind of a run, I'm making it one for me. So, if you'd like to help me out, just go to www.teammunky.com. You can donate any amount you'd like, you can even make your donation in honor of someone. As long as you donate through my team site, I'll get closer to my goal. So as the year ends down, and you're maybe looking for that donation to end the year on, or one to start next year off, please consider supporting me and this organization.

No comments:

Post a Comment