Thursday, April 17, 2014

Living for the moment

Every day that comes and goes is a blessing. Every morning I wake up, I breath in. I know that I can only improve on what I've done the previous day.

Today was pretty awesome. Around lunch time I checked my e-mail, and there was a message from the fine people at BolderBoulder. I received my bib number and start time! I'm EC259 with a 7:18 AM start time. It's really beginning to feel so real now. Not only that, but their social media person has followed me on Twitter now! I've had a couple of re-Tweets from them before, but now they're following. That's really cool.

Went for a run after work today. Followed the course from the Haunted Hustle 5k. 27 and some change with a 8:29 average pace. I can live with that. After all, that was after I had been sitting at my desk for 8 hours. It was a bit of a struggle today, but I can only assume that has to be with it being after work. I'm hoping that I can get a couple of more runs in before next weeks Crazylegs 8k. I can't wait to cross that finish line near the 50 yard line at Camp Randall, I think that will be one of the highlights from this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment