Monday, July 21, 2014

3 hot miles

Well, I got my third week run in. 3 miles. A bit warm today. 83 with a heat index near 90. But I had plenty of water all day, some MusclePharm Amino1 right before along with my Assault. It really wasn't too bad, there was a breeze out, so that helped. Anyway, 3 miles in 24:34, averaging 8:10/mile. It was pretty amazing. I did stop once at around 2 miles, and walked for a short bit, but really finished hard.

I'm pretty surprised I did as well as I did. Not because of the heat, but after my run on Saturday, I had some discomfort in part of my left foot. I later figured out I had tied my shoe too tight, and it was kind of knotted up. I've been working with my foot roller, and that seems to be helping. So I did pretty good, and it gives me hope for a good run on Saturday in Milwaukee.

So this is week 3 of 12, a quarter of the way through. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a bit nervous, maybe scared about the miles after week 6. But, just like anything else, I can do it. I've yet to not make a goal I've set for myself.

The other night Rocky IV was on. There's a scene that really emphasizes not failing on your goals. There not being pain.


Sometimes, you just have to push though it. Forget about things that are holding you back, and just fight!

No comments:

Post a Comment