Monday, July 28, 2014

Runs with sausage

Bright and early, in the shadows of Miller Park in Milwaukee, 2977 people (and 4 sausages) went out to run. In 24 minutes and 16 seconds, it was all over for one runner. Oh, yeah! That's me! :)  It was a really great morning to run. Already almost 70 degrees at 8am, but the sun was out, a light breeze. It was a great morning for a run.

So my times have been getting better. I've really started started bringing my pace and overall times down. This last race, my pace was almost 7:30 per mile (my watch recorded 7:29, and the race timer recorded 7:49). It felt very comfortable. There were times I slowed down, sped up. I did what felt good at the moment. And that's been one of the biggest things I've learned, to listen to what my body wants to do. Sometimes, I just need to slow up for a moment to save energy before a hill, sometimes I can speed up to make up that time I may have lost when I slowed. But always, have to save enough for that last quarter mile sprint. I never want to just be running a stettled in pace across the finish line, I want to have it all out, a last push for a faster time than the race before.


No comments:

Post a Comment