Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Never give up

Usually I write about runs, not so much today. While I did go for a run, distance and time aren't what matter today. What matters is that I went out and did it. After work today, I really didn't want to do anything. I just wanted to come home and crash. We all have days like this, but these are the days were we really do need to do something.

Sometimes we just have to look a little deeper, and dig down deep for that extra push. You might surprise yourself. I didn't know what I had in me today, but I ended up doing 3.2 miles in 25:03, with a 7:49 average. Could I have done that if I just plopped down on the couch after work? No. Would I have ever found out what I really had inside of me? No. Would I have felt better if I just sat around the house and did nothing? No (although that could be up for interpretation). The point is, sometimes you need to get out and do something when you feel like you can't. Unless, there is some physical reason you shouldn't, go for it. Don't create those mental boundaries. If nothing else, prove to yourself that you can.

It's so easy to just give up, say your done, call it quits, hit the shower. But excuses won't get you anywhere. If you want to make changes, you need to put in the work, even when you don't want to. I know this might not be your cup of tea, but this song kind of says it all.


If ever you're in need of motivation, never feel like you can't ask for help. That's what friends are for.

No comments:

Post a Comment