Monday, June 30, 2014

Goals

We all set goals. Some are small and easy to achieve. Some are big and seem unobtainable. I've set a lot of goals over the last two years. Every goal I have set, no matter how big or small, I have either reached or crushed. I'm working on a new goal. And I know I can do it. It's going to be hard, but I'm going to do it, and I will come out on top.

So last week, my friend who kind of got me going with the running for cancer research, broke the news that she would be going away for the next 12 weeks to work on getting healthy. The details are a little vague, but, she has a right to privacy. The good news was that there were not any new tumors, just the leukemia. So I guess that's a positive. So anyway, for the next 12 weeks, she's going to be in a fight, and promises that she's going to kick this think in the butt. So I thought to myself, why not show a little extra support. After all, no one fights alone, and when you've got friends, you're never alone.

So for the next 12 weeks, I'm going to running an extra mile a week. This week, I'm simply going to toss in one, 1 mile run, somewhere in the week. Next week, I'll do a 2 mile run. The week after that 3 miles. So each week, on top of what I'm already doing, I keep adding a mile on to a run. So at 12 weeks, I will have one 12 mile run to do. Seems like a tough distance, seeing as I'm currently maxing out at 6 miles. But, I know I can do it. I've always made every goal I've put out there. Even if at 12 weeks I'm a mile or two short, I won't feel bad. I'm fighting for every mile. What I'm battling for is nothing compared to what others have to deal with. Sure, my feet, lets, joints, might hurt after. But that pain can quickly be replaced by know that deep down inside I'm doing something good. Something amazing.

So remember this. You're never fighting alone. As long as you've got close friends, they will be with you where ever you are, even if they are far away. You might not be able to call them, Tweet to them, Facebook or anything like that, but they are with you. Just never give up on yourself, and they will never leave you behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment