Thursday, November 28, 2013

1 down, 1 more to go

Well, it was a cold run today, but did good. First Berbee Derby is in the books. 728th out of 4025. 527th out of 1791 men. 39th out of 145 men, ages 35 to 39. 27:06. I'm happy with that. My first experience with a wave start, and my first course with hills. Nearly froze waiting for the thing to start, and as I was waiting in the corral to get started I got a cramp in my back. But, once we got going it went good. The first mile or so we had the entire road to spread out on and that was a good thing. So many people who started in my wave who were supposed to start in others. I was in the "J" wave, and there were "K" and "M" wave people in there. I guess they don't know their alphabet. Passed quite a few in the first two miles, lots slowed up on the first big hill. I just kept chugging along. But getting up so early really took alot out of me. Up at my normal time for work, then to the race location by 7:30. I'm hoping that Littleton is not this cold in a couple of weeks. I know I can handle it, but I would like a little warmer for my last race. 30 at race time would be nice!

Official race results

MapMyRun results

No comments:

Post a Comment