Monday, November 25, 2013

Confidence booster

Well, I got a huge confidence booster today. Picked up my bag-o-schwag for Thursday's race. Hot dayum! T-shirt, gloves, discount/free coupons galore, toffee, gum. CHAA-CHING!!!  Now that's what I'm talking about. Not only that, but I got my bib and my wave assignment. Wave "J". And where you ask does that put me? That be the second wave for the 5k! SECOND WAVE!!! I had no idea until today were I'd be starting. I was thinking maybe halfway back, like in "M" or "N". Nope. That feels real good.

Not only did that make me feel good about this race, but I'm also feeling good about the one out in Colorado in 3 weeks. I went and got my eyes checked today so I could get a pair of sunglasses for running in, ordered my glasses, and picked up another set of warm bottoms. As I walked around the sporting goods store, I was trying to think if there was anything that I needed to pick up for next months race. I can't think of a single thing. Now remembering to pack it will be another story. I'm going to start making a check list so I don't forget anything. I'm really getting pumped for that race. Finally, the nervousness has started to leave. I can contend with the race day jitters all day long, but the anticipation isn't so bad anymore.


No comments:

Post a Comment