Thursday, November 14, 2013

A bit behind. I blame Google.

So I'm a bit behind at writing on here, but I blame Google and the new version of Chrome. It launches right to the Google search page, not the "Apps" page where I have Blogger set. Whatever.

Anyway, I'm doing good. I'm currently in week 2 of a P90X/Les Mills Combat hybrid program. I'm using my elevation training mask along with it. That really takes things to a whole new level. Last week I did my workouts with it set at 3000 feet. This week I'm up to 6000. I did a mile run last Sunday with it set at 3000, that after a 3 mile run. Definately an experience.

Things are looking good for my run in Colorado in a few weeks. I've got my plane tickets bought, and just working out where to stay. I think I'm going to wait a bit to see if I can get any really good hotel deals. The trip has actually stressed me out a little. More so in the running aspect than anything. I've been out there a good dozen times, but this is really the first time I'm going to be doing any serious physical activity. And with as well as I've been running lately, I was fearing disappointment in not being able to do as well there. But that's nonsense. I'll do fine. Sure I might not be as fast, I might finish with the old folks, but my body (right now) is not conditioned to work at that altitude. Now that I've come to that realization, I'll be content with just finishing running. If I can do it at a good pace, and not have to resort to walking, I've done my best. I'm starting to get excited, and just seeing how well I'm kicking butt right now in Combat with the mask is very encouraging. An hour workout the other night with it, I'll be fine.

Well, really don't have much else. Remember, help me to support StandUp2Cancer.org by donating through the link that can be found at www.teammunky.com. I've got plenty of time to reach my goal, May 26th, but it's never too early to start helping. Thank you all for the support you've already shown me, it really means alot.



No comments:

Post a Comment