Sunday, November 3, 2013

Cool running

Went on a run this morning. New route. Went out to the UW Arboretum. I am so going back out there again, the road is good, a few uneven places, but it's not bad. Definitely one of those places that I could really stretch a run out easily and work on distance. Some nice hills as well. 3.1 miles, 25:41. I just love the feeling of getting to the top of a hill, no matter how big or small, and feeling a burst of energy as I crest the top. All that work to get up it and then I can go!

Only two more races left for the year. One on Thanksgiving Day, and then two weeks later heading to Colorado. I've entered and bought my plane tickets for Colorado race on December 14, still have yet to work out where I'm staying. But that shouldn't be too hard. Even though the Thanksgiving race is going to be the biggest one yet, I'm a bit more stressed about Colorado. The first time running out of state. The first time pushing myself in an entirely different environment. Sure there's a chance that I might see a familiar face or two at the end, but that chance is small. It's going to be a big step. But, this is something I want to do. Honestly, if I could make a living doing this, I would. I really love it. I'm not a world class athleate, and that's not my goal. I'm just some 35 year old guy, who decided to take up running and really enjoys it. Maybe someday I'll get my big break. I guess it's kind of like being a musician. You love what you do, and you don't know where it's going to take you. You might pick up some fame at some point, you may not.

Just have to take one day at a time, and soak it up.




No comments:

Post a Comment