Sunday, November 17, 2013

Rocky Mountain High

Ok, well, I'm not there yet. But today's run...it's gotta be close to what it's like. Went on a 3 mile run with my elevation mask set to 3000 feet. With my geographical elevation at just over 1000 feet, it had the resistance of 4000. The first bit wasn't too bad, but once I made the turn and headed uphill, I really started to feel it. Still, completed my run in just over 27 minutes. All things considered, hills and the mask, I'd say that's pretty successful. If I can run near that next month in Colorado, I'll be more than happy. My only goal for that race is to finish in less than half an hour and cross the finish line running.

If anything the mask has really helped me to focus on my breathing. I find myself learning to take longer, slower breaths. In turn, getting more air in, and more CO2 out. My plan is to continue my workouts for the next two weeks with it set at 6000, and any runs I go on with it at 3. I've got about three weeks to finish getting ready, and I think I'll be set.

No comments:

Post a Comment